Knowing where you come in strong and where you need assistance can help you stabilize your personal life and nurture your professional interactions. Self-knowledge is a powerful tool that too many people disregard because it’s difficult or inconvenient, or perhaps because it makes them feel uncomfortable. What seem like strengths to one person, moreover, might not necessarily seem that useful to others, which can make figuring out whether specific qualities you possess are strengths as opposed to weaknesses confusing or frustrating. While this is something you will have to figure out mostly on your own, there are exercises you can do to identify your strengths and weaknesses for a job or for personal reasons. There are also some tips to help use these tactics in a practical setting where they are most needed, a job interview.
Part One of Six:
Understanding Your Abilities
Appreciate your effort. Because you are willing to take a good look at where you are already strong and where you could stand some improvement, you are a strong person already. It takes guts to sit down and do this work. Give your awesome self a pat on the back and remember that you are an amazing person.
Write down what you do. In order to identify your strengths and weaknesses, think about the activities you either participate in the most or get the most pleasure out of. Spend a week or so writing down all of the activities you do throughout a given day, rating them from one to five, depending upon how much you enjoy doing or participating in them.
- Studies have found journaling to be a great method for becoming more self-aware and reflective towards one’s personal strengths and desires. This can be as simple as listing all of the most memorable moments of a given day to writing detailed narratives about your deepest thoughts and desires. The more you come to know yourself, the easier it will be for you to identify your personal strengths.
Reflect on your values.Sometimes, it can be difficult to identify our strengths and weaknesses because we haven’t taken the time to clarify our core values. These are the beliefs that shape how you think about yourself, others, and the world around you. They are fundamental to your way of approaching life. Taking some time to identify your values will help you decide whether aspects of your life are strengths or weaknesses to you,regardless of what others may feel about them.
- Think about a few people you respect. What do you admire about them? What traits do they possess that you value? How do you see these in your own life?
- Imagine you could change one thing about your community. What would it be? Why? What do you think that shows about what’s most important to you?
- Remember a moment in your life where you felt very satisfied or fulfilled. What was that moment? What happened? Who were you with? Why did you feel that way?
- Imagine that your house is on fire (but all pets and people are safe) and you can save just 3 objects. What would you save, and why?
Examine your responses for themes and patterns. Once you’ve reflected on your values, examine the responses for things that may repeat. For example, perhaps you admire Bill Gates and Richard Branson for their entrepreneurial spirit and creativity. This suggests that you may value Ambition, Competition, and Ingenuity. Perhaps you would change the poverty in your community so everyone has a home and food. This suggests you may value Community, Helping Society, or Making a Difference. You can have several core values.
- You can find lists of value words online, if you need help putting your own into words.
Determine whether your life aligns with your values.Sometimes, we may feel like we have a weakness in a particular area when our lives don’t align with our core values, for whatever reason. Living a life aligned with your values is called “value-congruent” living, and it can lead to greater feelings of satisfaction and success.
- For example, perhaps you value Ambition and Competition, but you feel stuck at a dead-end job where you’re never challenged or given an opportunity to prove yourself. You might feel that you have a weakness in this area because your life isn’t currently aligned with what’s very important to you.
- Or perhaps you are a new mother who really wants to go back to your job as a teacher because you value Intellectual Status. You might feel that “being a good mom” is a weakness because your value (of achieving Intellectual Status) appears to conflict with another value (Family-Orientedness). In this case, you can figure out how to balance your values so that you honor both. Wanting to go back to your job doesn’t mean you don’t also want to enjoy your new child.
Consider situational meanings.Think about what constitute strengths or weaknesses relative to the social conventions or customs within your local context. Social conventions are a set of rules governing interpersonal interaction which have been established as functional within a certain geological area or culture, hopefully so as to help maintain healthy social boundaries.Knowing how these differ depending on where you live can help you determine what might be seen as a strength or weakness in that particular geographic location.
- For example, if you live in a rural area where everyone works with their hands, the members of this community will likely value attributes related to physical labor and working long hours during the day. If you happen to live in a large city, however, these attributes might not appear as important, unless you happen to work some other manual labor job.
- Consider whether or not the environment you live in is conducive to your own strengths and personal attributes.
Our Today’s #MCM Goes To Ex-BBnaija 1st Runner Up Mike Edwards.
Mike Edwards and Ex-BBnaija housemate 1st runner up in the 2019 BBNaija reality TV show tagged pepper Dem gang.
He is currently a professional athlete, a model, a business magnate, an investor, an entrepreneur, a CEO of aireyys cigars company in the United kingdom (UK).
He was signed recently in Eme record label company. The owner is BankyW
He was born on the 11th of July 1991 in manchester. He is 28 years old, married to a beautiful wife Perris shales-drayton a model, tv personality and a British Olympian athlete.
Today Crystalzpage soon to be upgraded to Imie’s page had revealed that he is our #MCM today.
More photos of Mike Edwards below:
The 10 important steps towards self growth and development.
Things To Do If You Are Feeling Hopeless About Your Future.
Do you feel lost and hopeless in life? There comes a time when life seems to lose its meaning. This is the time you need to be a strong man or woman.
Life has never been easy. You must wake up from slumber and make things work in your favour.
It takes sacrifice and commitment to reach your goals in life. We have looked at things to do if you’re feeling hopeless about your future.
1. Reset your goals
Find out whether your goals are realistic and attainable before you proceed with life. Being too ambitious can make life unbearable in the long run.
2. Surround yourself with strong people
The people in your life really matter. Never waste time on negative minded persons.
The persons who are in your life will determine your success or failure. Make sure the people in your life are contributing to you positively.
3. Keep the fire burning
Stick to your vision in life. Remember success is not an easy walk. Stand up and make things count.
You will be expected to make all kinds of sacrifices if you want to achieve the desires of your heart at the end of the day.
It’s better to be evicted, than to be disqualified – BBNaija 2019 winner Mercy Eke.[Video]
Omashola signs for plaqadinc as an endorsement deal.
[Trending]: Song Of The Week: Yeye Boyfriend – Zlatan.. [Watch Video].
Tacha’s homecoming dress was cost over 1million.
EPL: Liverpool Fc defeated Manchester City Fc 3-1.
BBNaijaUpdate: Mike redeem his 2million naira price for winning the bet9ja arena games.
BBNaija2019: PLAQAD signs 25 Big Brother Naija ‘Pepper Dem’ housemates.
Another woman claims ex BBNaija star Nina’s boyfriend as her man.
BBNaija: Ike says he didn’t sleep with mercy because she didn’t push enough.
Senate Screening: Ex-Militant Leader Hails Buhari On Nominees List…Calls For Stakeholders’ Support.
Hollywood & Nollywood10 months ago
New Nollywood movie ‘Halita’ set to hit the airwaves.
Lifestyles10 months ago
See these beautiful short Ankara dress styles you would definitely love them.
Entertainment4 months ago
BBnaija: Watch the sensual moment Diane and Tuoyo got real busy in the bedroom – Video.
Fashion & Beauty8 months ago
Cornrow hairstyles perfect for ladies with both round and long faces.
Celebrity Trends9 months ago
Akuapem Poloo shows her small ‘ meat pie’ on social media just for Dubai trips and events.
Celebrity Trends6 months ago
Actress Juliet Ibrahim hits back at Tonto Dikeh.
Hollywood & Nollywood9 months ago
The untold truth of Hollywood medium’s Tyler Henry .
Celebrity Trends4 months ago
Finally! Actress Toyin Abraham begins wedding rites with fellow nollywood actor, Kolawole Ajeyemi [Photo].